Friday 4 September 2009

T2 featuring Jodie Aysha 'Heartbroken'

Chart Peak: 2

YouTube

I couldn't work out what the passion fruit was supposed to have to do with it. Or is it a fascist soup?

Anyway, this was a big dance hit in the winter of 2007, spending three weeks stuck at Number 2 and selling enough in six weeks to enter the year-end Top 40. I can sort of tell why, and not just because some footballers I've never heard of are in the video. Even though I'm a long way from the target audience and wouldn't go so far as to say I liked this exactly, there's something rather catchy about it and the cut-up vocals are attention-grabbing. If I can find something positive to say about it, I can imagine how exciting it must be to teenagers who actually knew there was such a genre as "bassline" before this came out.

Available on: Clubland Classix

No comments:

Post a Comment