Friday 14 May 2010

Danny Wilson 'Mary's Prayer'

Chart Peak: 3

YouTube

A hit at the third time of asking, 'Mary's Prayer' is a song I clearly remember liking at the time. In fact I recall liking their non-Top 75 single 'The Girl I Used To Know' as well. All these years later, there's something slightly underwheming about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Maybe it's that it doesn't sound as distinctive now, especially with the decidedly of-its-time production; rather more fretless bass than seems justified. So it is that I've ended up with two copies of the track on this computer but haven't really felt much urge to listen to it, except when I'm doing this sort of thing.  And it's a pity because this is one of those records that I still feel fondness for even if I'm not bothered about actually hearing it. 

Also appearing on: Now 15
Available on: Meet Danny Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment