Saturday 22 May 2010

T'Pau 'I Will Be With You'

Chart Peak: 14

YouTube
Previous 4 singles all made Top 30... A new release on 13/6/88
If I'd ever heard it before, thought, I don't remember that. In fact, I don't think I bothered to play it when I first obtained Now 12 either, so I'm effectively hearing it for the first time. And I've got to say that it's not doing a lot for me now. Thuddy eighties-style drums punctuate a fairly bland song that sounds like a fifth single even to those of us who don't remember the third and fourth. Carol Decker's voice is very thin too, but I'm guessing that's not where people's attention was at the time.

Side 2 has been an interesting ride and remarkably diverse, with two tracks that would seem like outliers on any Now album at all. But as it peters out here and goes back into its inner bag, the time comes to look forward to another change of mood on the second disc.

Also appearing on: Now 10, 11, 13
Available on: Bridge Of Spies

No comments:

Post a Comment