Wednesday 12 August 2009

Bizz Nizz 'Don't Miss the Partyline'

Chart Peak: 7

YouTube

Apparently Bizz Nizz were a precursor to 2 Unlimited, conceived by Belgian producers Jean-Paul DeCoster and Phil Wilde. Before that world-beating success, though, they made this, which I thought of as a rave record; feel free to laugh at my twelve-year old ignorance here. It does try to cash in on the atmosphere, though, with the dubbed on crowd noises and the echo.

And maybe I'm just writing this post in a generous mood, but I think it's OK. Certainly not a weighty piece of music by any means, but in its wholehearted silliness it's actually quite enjoyable; better than a lot of songs that try and fail to say more than this. Even if I now have suspicions as to exactly what sort of partyline they might be referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment