Friday 6 March 2009

John "Jellybean" Benitez featuring Steven Dante 'The Real Thing'

Chart Peak: 13

YouTube [12" version]

Six tracks in and this is the first one I don't remember. Even when I watched the video it didn't sound especially familiar, although it is a fairly typical record of its type, a pre acid-house club anthem. As such it sounds well made and well performed, but not especially original and full of things I'd heard many many times before. It's the sort of thing I feel more positive towards than I would have a few years ago, but still find it hard to get excited over, because I'm not part of the scene it belongs to. Had I had this album when it was new, though, I doubt I'd have given this track a second thought.


Also appearing on:
Now 11 [Jellybean with Elisa Fiorello], 12 [Jellybean with Adele Bertei]
Available on: Greatest Hits of the 80's

No comments:

Post a Comment