Sunday 22 February 2009

Wamdue Project 'King Of My Castle'

Chart Peak: 1

YouTube

Can you be free in a trestle? It's certainly a question you get plenty of opportunities to ponder during this track. At the risk of repeating what I've said before, there is a lot of repetition going on here. According to Everyhit.com 'King Of My Castle' is the longest title of a Number One single with no repeated characters - which is exactly the sort of trivia I love, but it's the first thing I remembered about this track, alongside a Top Of The Pops performance where the group barely moved a muscle. I don't know that I blame them: for a dance record, there's not a lot to get you moving.

Number One singles were coming thick and fast around the turn of the century, but I think this must be among the least remembered of them, certainly among ones not by established acts. It doesn't put a foot wrong, but all of it is so by-the-book that it's hard to say much for it, either.


Available on:
Clubbin'

No comments:

Post a Comment