Friday 20 February 2009

DJ Jean 'The Launch'

Chart Peak: 2

YouTube

Another one kept off the top by Lou Bega, which certainly puts him higher in my estimation. I try not to be driven by my prejudices when I write these things, but this is the sort of thing that really doesn't do it for me. There's something in the tone of that parping synth line that grates on me, but I think the worst thing about this is that we get a lot of "Get ready for the launch" and a big countdown, followed by... exactly the same tune that was playing before anyway.

If I concentrate hard enough, I can imagine how this might fit into a DJ set as a way to build up anticipation and get the crowd going on the way to a more interesting track. But it's beyond me why anyone would feel it worth their money to buy this as a single and listen to it at home.


Available on:
Massive Dance Hits 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment