Monday 23 February 2009

Alice Deejay 'Back In My Life'

Chart Peak: 4

YouTube

A single that entered the chart the same week as Now 44 itself, so its inclusion here was clearly a prediction of success, and an accurate one at that.
Impressively, my wife actually recognised the voice of Judy Pronk when I played this track. In a way, she almost outdid me there because I might have struggled had I not known to start with. Rather like ATB a few tracks ago, this was the follow-up to a massive hit that had appeared on Now 43. And again, I remembered them having the hit, but nothing about the track itself. In all honesty, I probably tried not to hear it too much at the time but the fact remains that this sounds suspiciously like The Hit ('Better Off Alone' in this case) without the interesting bits. I can be generous enough to imagine that if you like this sort of music you might enjoy this one, but I've got to admit it doesn't do anything for me. The formula lasted them a few more hits though, and apparently Pronk is now a make-up artist.


Also appearing on:
Now 43, 46
Available on: Who Needs Guitars Anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment