Tuesday 24 February 2009

Alena 'Turn It Aound'

Chart Peak: 14

YouTube

Another one I can recall only by the melody of the title line, so I'm not completely sure if I've found the right version. I have a vague recollection that this was widely expected to become a rather bigger hit than it ultimately became.
According to the Internet, the Alena to whom this is credited was Jamaican singer Alena Lova, but the man behind the record was Dutch producer Carlo Resoort, better known as founder of the act 4 Strings. Indeed he re-recorded this song as part of the latter act five years later and was rewarded with a UK Top 50 hit. That rendition has a far weaker vocal, though, which makes this one sound considerably better in comparison. Maybe I'm just getting demob-happy as the end of the album approaches, but I did actually like this one more than a lot of the other dance tracks I've made my way through in recent days.



Available on: Kiss in Ibiza '99

No comments:

Post a Comment