Saturday 14 February 2009

Lolly 'Mickey'

Chart Peak: 4

YouTube

Have I really just spent three and a half minutes of Valentine's Day listening to this? Well, at least I used the headphones so my wife didn't have to hear it - I wonder if that counts as a present.
Now, at the time my brother was quite keen of the Lolly singles, which were part of the massive explosion of light-hearted pop at the end of the decade. Perhaps had it been one of the others that had cropped up, I might have been more sympathetic, but this was a song that already bordered on the annoying, and is done no favours by this performance.

Incidentally, I realise she wasn't actually the small child she dressed up as, but it was still a bit of a surprise to learn that she's older than me.

Also appearing on: Now 43
Available on: My First Album

No comments:

Post a Comment