Friday 22 January 2010

Queen 'It's A Hard Life'

Chart Peak: 6

YouTube

Well, I knew this was the third of four consecutive Top Ten hits from their album The Works, but I had no memory of it before writing this post. Knowing how big Queen were at the time, it's not plausible that I never heard it, so I must assume that it was getting played on the radio between 'Too Late For Goodbyes' and 'Together In Electric Dreams' and I just didn't notice it.

It doesn't leave much of an impression on me now either. It seems to push the usual Queen buttons but without much to attract attention. Maybe it was just so each member of the band got a single off this album. Apparently they all thought Freddie Mercury looked like a prawn in the video. Er, you can tell I'm struggling for things to say here, can't you? Sorry. I can understand why the Now 4 CD went with the more memorable 'Radio Gaga' instead.

Also appearing on: Now 2, 3, 6, 7, 15, 16, 19, 21, 25 [with George Michael], 32, 33, 54 [with Vanguard]
Available on: The Works

No comments:

Post a Comment