Tuesday 5 January 2010

Giorgio Moroder & Philip Oakey 'Together in Electric Dreams'

Chart Peak: 3

YouTube

And an obvious connection here, as we reach a second movie title song that seemed to make more of an impact than the picture itself. I've never seen Electric Dreams either, but the internet suggests that in it, this song is written by a computer. On that basis, Oakey's determinedly deadpan vocal style could hardly be more appropriate, even if he only got the job because the film director had done some Human League videos.

Much as I don't generally like the Human League at all, I have to confess a certain liking for this track. Maybe it's because I remember hearing it a lot when I was six and being slightly confused by it, or maybe I like Moroder more than I thought I did. Maybe it's just that twinkly little intro that does it for me. I don't recommend it straight-facedly but I can't deny that I enjoy hearing it.

Available on: Philip Oakey & Giorgio Moroder

No comments:

Post a Comment