Thursday 7 January 2010

Limahl 'The NeverEnding Story'

Chart Peak: 4

YouTube

Back to the cinema again, then, although at least this film came somewhere near recouping. The familiar theme tune (composed by our old friend Giorgio Moroder again) was apparently added only to the version released in the English-speaking world, not in the German edit. That said, the song became a massive hit in Germany anyway, such is Limahl's star power over there.

Again, I remember hearing this when I was a kid and wondering whether you could have an answer to a story. I'm still not sure about that. I think it's fair to say that time hasn't been very kind to this track; at any rate I hope it hasn't because it doesn't sound at all good in 2010. It's hard to put my finger on what 'Together In Electric Dreams' had that this hasn't, but there's certainly something.

Also appearing on: Now 1
Available on: Too Shy: the Best of Kajagoogoo & Limahl (CD & DVD)

No comments:

Post a Comment