Friday 29 January 2010

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark 'Tesla Girls'

Chart Peak: 21

YouTube

For some reason, I didn't think it was a good sign when I looked up the YouTube video and it started with somebody shouting "NO! NO!". And I was sort of right, really, because 'Tesla Girls', a song I'm sure I'd never heard before, is a pretty slight thing for a single, albeit deliberately. It seems to be part of the direction of simplified pop songs that OMD were heading towards later in their career (all the more so once they became effectively a solo project for Andy McCluskey) but it seems to be less catchy than some of their bigger hits. As to whether it's related to Cold War-era scientist Nikola Tesla (who wasn't a girl) the jury seems to be out.

Also appearing on: Now 3, 8, 20, 25, 34
Available on: Junk Culture

No comments:

Post a Comment