Monday 3 December 2012

Marc Et Claude 'I Need Your Lovin' (Like The Sunshine)'

Chart Peak: 12

YouTube

Marc Et Claude are Marc Romboy and Klaus Derichs and in addition to their premium trance single releases they also run one of Europe's most successful trance labels "Alphabet City"... 'I Need Your Lovin...' is inspired by the Korgis' 1980 hit 'Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime', which was also reactivated for the dance floor in 1995 by Baby D.

It's a pretty well-travelled tune this; as well as the successful Baby D version there was also a 1992 cover in a more hardcore style by NRG. It's possible that one or other of those inspired this rendition by the duo who I didn't realise had had as many as four hit singles (though only this one made it as far as the Top 20). Certainly it seems like one of those dance tracks that's based on the premise of plugging a familiar chorus into an instrumental track, rather than a real interpretation of the song. I don't really think I knew the Korgis song in 2000 beyond being aware of its existence, but now that I do I reckon its strongest point is the slightly halting quality which is totally absent from all the dance covers; this one isn't musically interesting enough for me to look past that.

Available on: 100% Workout

No comments:

Post a Comment