Saturday 8 December 2012

Angelic 'It's My Turn'

Chart Peak: 11

YouTube
Angelic are hot dance duo Amanda O'Riordan (aka Mrs Judge Jules!) and Darren Tate - Amanda previously trained as a graphic designer before friends persuaded her to take her soaring vocals into the studio, while Darren is a classically trained musician... UK smash 'It's My Turn' has been chosen as the lead track for the new youth-culture movie Brothers. 
No, I didn't either, but I looked it up on IMDB and apparently Brothers is a film about a pair of siblings who go on holiday to Greece and get drunk, based on the real-life experiences of the director and his brother. Starring: nobody I've ever heard of but apparently crediting 63 "associate producers", which I presume was an early form of crowdfunding.

Anyway, the song is somewhat less forgotten than than the flick, although I thought I remembered Judge Jules himself being part of the act. Maybe he was and wasn't credited for contractual reasons but either way this sounds like the sort of thing he'd have appreciated and played even without any personal connection to it, a sort-of-uplifting house track that doesn't seem brave enough to be camp. Mrs O'Riordan isn't that great a singer to be honest, and if YouTube commenters are to be believed she gained a lot from studio technology, but she's good enough for the song.


Available on: Ibiza [Explicit] [+digital booklet]

No comments:

Post a Comment