Monday 15 March 2010

Lutricia McNeal 'Stranded'

Chart Peak: 3

YouTube

Another American singer who had her biggest commercial success in Europe (especially Northern Europe, in this case). And more of the kind of ubiquity that set my teeth on edge; she spent more than 26 weeks in the Top 40 in 1998, although her UK chart career didn't stretch very far beyond the year. I was already tired of her music when I learnt that it was being released through Wildstar, a record company co-owned by a commercial radio station which boasted of guaranteeing airplay to the likes of McNeal, Conner Reeves and Alda.

Actually, this is an average, if cheap-sounding slowie. But it's not really good enough for the success it had. An oddly familiar feeling.
And yes, it's yet another track that climbed above the original peak, so my memories of 1998 obviously aren't as good as I thought.

Also appearing on: Now 39, 41
Available on: Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment