Wednesday 31 March 2010

Eagle-Eye Cherry 'Save Tonight'

Chart Peak: 6

YouTube

I suppose we should give them some credit for resisting the temptation to sequence Eagle-Eye Cherry next to Don Henley.

For a while this song was as ubiquitous as Eagle-Eye himself is in the famous video. It was a huge radio hit, did pretty well as a single and shifted a decent number of albums for him (the memorable name might have helped with that I suppose). In this country at least it set a bar of success he's barely come close to since, barring the immediate follow-up (which had this on the B-side anyway). By any measurement I apply to it, it's a good record: assured, well-produced, well-sung, catchy and not overlong. So I'm at something of a loss to explain why I've never really been able to warm to it. 

Also appearing on: Now 41
Available on: Desireless

No comments:

Post a Comment