Friday 10 April 2009

Ocean Colour Scene 'The Day We Caught The Train'

Chart Peak: 4

YouTube

I'm going to point out right at the start of this review that I was one of the large number of people who bought the Moseley Shoals album. I'm saying that now because I suspect a lot of people will automatically disregard my opinions on that basis, so if you're one of them you can come back tomorrow.

Now I'm among friends, I can admit that I bought the B-sides album. And the follow-up. I even bought their first album, the one even they don't like, in a sale. And I listened to them a lot too, so much so that I still half-expect this one to crossfade into 'The Circle'. If you're expecting this to be the point where I turn around and say I hate this now, though, sorry. It's not a record I get out all that often now, and I did lose interest in the band years ago, but I've got to admit that this still appeals to me, and I enjoyed playing it back in order to do this. Perhaps I don't like this for all the same reasons I liked it thirteen years ago, but it still entertains me.

Also appearing on: Now 35, 37, 38
Available on: Songs For The Front Row - The Best Of

No comments:

Post a Comment