Monday 13 April 2009

JX 'There's Nothing I Won't Do'

Chart Peak:

YouTube

Now this is exactly the sort of dance music I had no time for in 1996. Mindful of my experience with Underworld, and perhaps tempered by nostalgia for my teenage years, I'm more inclined to be generous. But I still can't honestly claim that this interests me much, beyond a nodding acknowledgement that it's well-made for the intended purpose and some admiration that Jake Williams was able to achieve this while still in his teens.

I'm prepared to recognise that this would work well in a club, and that it's more fun to listen to than a lot of the dance tracks I've had to review. Nonetheless, it still boils down to the same couple of lines sung over and over again. Not really my scene. And, er, isn't keeping your hands off him something you wouldn't do?

Also appearing on: Now 30, 31
Available on: 100 Hits - Dance Mix

No comments:

Post a Comment