Wednesday 2 March 2011

iio 'Rapture'

Chart Peak: 2

YouTube

It's a generously-stuffed album here, so this 23rd track is the start of Disc 2. In theory that's a milestone, but it's not one I'd looked forward to because I hated this song at the time. That's mainly thanks to Nadia Ali's vocal, which has a whining and flat quality I've always found irritating. It also seems to contradict the contents of the lyrics, which "were allegedly inspired by a meeting that occurred between Ali and an unidentified nightclub patron." Thanks to Wikipedia for that.

Anyway, she's telling us how excited she is, but she sounds like she's irritable and over-tired. The music is OK, I suppose, but fairly typical of its time and beyond that I don't have a lot to say, unless you wanted to know that they named their band after a laptop computer. 

Available on: 00 Dance [Explicit]

No comments:

Post a Comment