Monday 17 January 2011

INXS 'Shining Star'

Chart Peak: 31

Video

Apparently some Now albums actually contain INXS songs I've heard of. Not this one though. 'Shining Star' was the one and only single from their in-concert album Live Baby Live, although I think this is actually a studio recording. Now there's a practice that's fallen out of favour nowadays.

Actually, even though I'm no fan of the band I have to admit that there's some fairly good bass-playing on this track, and it feels like it might be about to go somewhere interesting at the start. But then it doesn't, and then the sax solo comes in. Even a few minutes after hearing it, I struggle to remember much about it, but it doesn't exactly charm me. Perhaps it's not that surprising it wasn't a bigger hit.

Also appearing on: Now 14, 15, 18, 19, 23
Available on: Live Baby Live

No comments:

Post a Comment