Thursday 31 January 2013

Eternal 'Good Thing'

Chart Peak: 8

YouTube
'Good Thing' - due for release on 26th February 1996 - is the trio's sassy new single... It follows 'Poer Of A Woman' and 'I Am Blessed' and is, as ever, chartbound.
Starting to sense a bit of weariness in these sleevenotes, although it's no different from my own attitude to the arrival of yet another middling Eternal single. If there's one band I liked more before I started writing this blog, it's probably them as I'm forced to contemplate yet another functional single, unexciting but not deserving to be lambasted. 'Good Thing' is already their seventh Now appearance and their second with the word "good" in the title. It's unconnected to the Fine Young Cannibals song of the same title, but not wholly dissimilar to the sort of thing you might get if you asked somebody to write a song that sounded a bit like 'Whatta Man' by Salt'N'Pepa featuring En Vogue without risking a lawsuit. It's not that I want to be negative, and this is not an unpleasant one to hear but it offers little.

Also appearing on: Now 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 32, 35, 36, 37, 38
Available on: Greatest Hits

No comments:

Post a Comment