Tuesday 10 July 2012

Urban Cookie Collective 'Feels Like Heaven'

Chart Peak: 5

YouTube
'Feels Like Heaven', due for release on 1st November '93, is the follow-up to the No. 2 smash 'The Key, The Secret'... Urban Cookie Collective is masterminded by producer Rohan Heath.
At the time, this was a comparably-sized hit to their first, but posterity has seemed less impressed with it, and indeed I don't think I'd ever heard it before. Unconnected to the Fiction Factory song, this is probably forgotten mostly because it's so similar to their first hit (and most of their others). Since 'The Key, The Secret' never managed to appear on a Now album on any of its chart runs, I might as well admit that I've never fully understood why it's so widely considered a classic of the genre: I don't not like it, but I've never thought it anything exceptional. So whilst I don't think this song is really any worse, I can't get too excited about it either. If you do like it but find it too long, why not try the slightly shorter edit available on this compilation album.

As an extra bonus, how about the drum and bass version of 'Champagne Supernova' that Noel Gallagher allegedly stopped them releasing? You're welcome.


Also appearing on: Now 27
Available on: The Very Best Of

No comments:

Post a Comment