Thursday 30 December 2010

P.M. Dawn 'Set Adrift On Memory Bliss'

Chart Peak: 3

YouTube

Unlike the KLF, I don't particularly remember these guys making a much-hyped retirement from the music industry, yet this another track that's not officially available digitally as a download or streaming track. There are of course plenty of karaoke versions and a cover by the Backstreet Boys. Thanks but no thanks, guys.

Way back in the early days of this blog, almost two years ago, I think I mentioned that 'True' by Spandau Ballet was one of the big songs of 1983 that didn't find its way to the very first Now album, but of course it finally puts in an appearance as the basis of this mellow hip-hop track. Unfortunately, even in these days of limited availability, it's a record I find it somewhat easier to admire than like; in fairness, probably more because I've heard too much of it than because there's anything wrong with it. It's fun to hear it when I'm in the right kind of mood for a bit of nostalgia, but I probably wouldn't be rushing to download it even if I could.

And on that note, see you next year on the other disc of the album.

Also appearing on: Now 24
Available on: Best of P.M. Dawn [Us Import]

No comments:

Post a Comment