Tuesday 17 May 2011

Juliet Roberts 'I Want You'

Chart Peak: 33

YouTube

Another relatively minor hit, and one that seems to form a bridge between the soul-diva tracks immediately before it and the dance tracks that follow towards the end of the album. Roberts is a classic example of somebody that I knew had been a pop star but couldn't name a song by.

'I Want You' (unconnected to songs by Marvin Gaye, Pulp, Elvis Costello etc) is from the big, pumping disco-style school of dance, rather than the Eurodance style we heard earlier in the album. It's easier on the ear sometimes but I tend to find this sort of thing rather unengaging. The big string intro is impressive and the singing is very good thoughout but in the context in which I'm hearing this I find it hard to care.

Also appearing on: Now 25, 26, 28
Available on: Natural Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment