Wednesday 3 September 2014

N-Trance 'Set You Free'

Chart Peak: 2 [83 in 1993, 39 in 1994]
YouTube
'Set You Free' is one of the success stories of 1995 with the single having sold around 1/2 million copies to date... N-Trance are Dale, KO and singer Kelly Llorenna.
Certainly not the first time I've written about N-Trance, indeed not even the first time I've written about 'Set You Free' as it reappears on Now 50. Like the Nightcrawlers track this was a regular on music TV in 1994-5 and, well, I might have to take back what I said about the video for 'Push The Feeling On' looking cheap, it's 'Thriller' compared to this. They didn't even pay for the fireworks, they just happened to be in town when they happened.

Having been released every year from 1992 to 1995 (and several times since), this song has a strong reputation as a dance classic and whilst I can see what people like about it, the more familiar it gets the less I enjoy it. It's just not that interesting, frankly. I tend to prefer N-Trance when they're more ridiculous over this rather straight stuff.

Also appearing on: Now 32, 38, 50 [same track]
Available on: Best Of

No comments:

Post a Comment